Outline: To manage and support the Scout Group and its Leaders to ensure it runs effectively and that Scouting within the Group develops in accordance with the rules and policies of The Scout Association.
Responsible to: District Commissioner (or deputy if appropriate).
Main Contacts: Section Leaders and their leadership teams in the Group, parents/carers of the young people in the Scout Group, Group Executive Committee members, sponsoring authority of the Group (if applicable), Group Scout Active Support Manager, District Commissioner, Deputy District Commissioner(s), other Group Scout Leaders in the District, County/Area/Region (Scotland) Commissioner.
- Ensure that the Scout Group thrives and has the best systems in place to support adult volunteers and develop the Group – including a Group Executive Committee and Section leadership teams.
- Provide line management and support to the Leaders in the Scout Group, including setting objectives for their work and holding regular reviews and one-to-one meetings.
- Ensure that the Scout Group has an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Scouting needs of the area.
- Ensure that a challenging, exciting and balanced programme is offered to young people in the Scout Group.
- Work with the District Commissioner, Deputy District Commissioner(s) and other Group Scout Leaders in the District to ensure that the District thrives and supports Scout Groups.