We understand there are still unknowns as the pandemic advice changes and evolves. We want to provide you with all the information we have, about how we are approaching returning to face to face Scouting. Cubs have continued online for several months, and are now alongside Beavers and Scouts, are getting ready to start introducing some face to face activities in smaller Groups. Of course this varies depending on location, Group size, individual circumstances and volunteer availability.
The Government has confirmed that the youth sector is an essential service and therefore Scouts are able to continue to meet in a *COVID-safe way independent of social gathering restrictions where they follow Scouts guidance.
Some of the steps we are taking to ensure a safe return to Scouting are:
- Ensuring compliance with social distancing requirements.
- Ensuring hygiene levels are maintained, including hand washing, as well as surface and equipment cleaning
- Safely manage any risk to volunteers, young people and the wider community, including a reduction in group sizes where necessary.
- Making sure vulnerable young people and adults can be effectively safeguarded, both in relation to COVID-19, as well as other risk factors.
- Volunteers, parents and young people all clearly understand what adjustments need to be made to ensure everyone’s safety, and have had a chance to inform them.
If you have any questions or concerns about returning then please speak to your section leader who will be happy to address them for you.